Friday, May 20, 2011

A bit of excitement.

 Well we had ourselves a bit of excitement today. I was out adding bedding to the chicken coop when somehow, one of the girls (I have 4 Americaunas - Peewee, Cartman, Ginger and Rocky) got out of the pen and the dogs (2 yellow labs, Molly and Maggie) were in hot pursuit. After having gotten the dogs back up to the house and scolding them, I returned to search for Cartman. The DW was helping, which is good because Cartman is a red and I am color blind, which means the reds blend in with the greens for me, I would have never spotted her in the high grass and brush.  After some help from a neighbor named Molly and her two grils, I managed to catch Cartman. Or rather, Cartman got tired of being chased and just sat down and let me pick her up. Thank goodness, because I was getting tired and now have scratches on my arms from the brambles out back.  Any other day and it would not have worried me, but with us going to see our daughter for the weekend, I will not be around to let her in when she finally decided to return to the flock. But she is back and all is well again.

No comments:

Post a Comment