Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daylily pics for Father's Day

Not much happening in the garden this week. I've prepped the beds for the fall crops by adding some rock phosphate and compost. I've mulched those which are getting transplants and started hardening off the brussells sprout plants I've been growing under lights.
 Yesterday I picked 14 soyo cucumbers. Last night I made 8 pints of bread and butter pickles with some of them. Today it's a big batch of sweet relish and maybe some dill slices if I have time. I have to cut the grass today (on father's day of all things!) because I got to busy yesterday drinking strawberry daquiris by  the pool and never got around to the grass.
 We had a storm cell pass through around 5pm yesterday. We lost a 70'+ willow oak out in the woods. It made a terrible racket when it split and fell. Fortunately it was in the middle of the woods away from the chickens and the fence so no real harm done other than a hole in the canopy. It won't take long for the trees around it to fill in though. On the bright side, I can go out this winter and cut up some wood for the fire pit.










 As promised in the title of this post, here are some pictures of some of my daylilies for your viewing pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment