Friday, June 24, 2011

What tomato comes first?

In my garden it has always been Brown Berry cherry tomato. They are tasty little fellows that produce an abundant crop. After that comes the smallish Stupice . It's a smallish tomato, 3"-4" from Czechoslovakia, but it has 'full' tomato flavor. I just picked my first Stupice yesterday.
 So as of now we have rabbit eye blueberries, cucumbers, green beans and tomatoes ripening here. My Mrs made a wonderful blueberry and ice cream pie for us last night. Now I'm not a big fan of frozen fruit, but this is one tasty treat. I still like vanilla ice cream with fresh blueberries mixed in right before you eat it more. That is because the berries don't freeze solid and retain that fresh taste. That and I have sensitive teeth so I don't care for eating frozen stuff. It gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
 I've made three batches of dill pickles (only one of which was worth keeping), one batch of bread and butter pickles that turned out terrific, and a batch of sweet relish. Tonight I'm making a batch of dill slices for the Mrs and I. Hopefully within a few weeks I'll have some peppers ready and I can mix them in with some cucs and make a spicy relish.

No comments:

Post a Comment