Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Green bean harvest starts today.

Sometimes it just amazes me how fast veggies grow. Yesterday I thought I'd be harvesting green beans by the weekend, this afternoon I go out and I've got well over a 1/2 gallon of beans picked. Dinner is just a half hour away and I can hardly wait. The difference between canned green beans and fresh is night and day, even if you canned your own.
 I'm still only getting 4 pickles a day from the Russian cucs, that makes it hard to make even a pint of pickles. Hopefully by weekend I'll be getting enough on a daily basis to make up at least a pint a day. In the meantime, they taste great in salads. No trace of bitterness and crisp as crisp can be.



 My japanese iris opened it's first bloom today. They are really spectacular. My photographic skills don't do it justice but here it is, along with some pictures of my balloon flowers and Endless Summer hydrangeas.

No comments:

Post a Comment